Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Favorites

The phrase, "It's the little things that matter" may be exhausted, but it's as true as ever. It's easy to take things for granted, but making a point to appreciate all the little moments that happen during each day and week can make a difference in your attitude. Here are 8 of my favorite moments from this past week:

1. Finding out I'm getting a . . . NEPHEW!

Source
I'm so excited! My sister and her husband will be amazing parents - and this little boy will learn all about how to respect and value women:)

2. Reconnecting with friends I haven't talked to for a while. I think Facebook is good and bad for friendships. It's great to be able to keep up on friends' lives through pictures and posts, but 'liking' their life events rather than having actual conversations about them is not a good habit to get into.

I've never thrown out a #TBT. . . but how about #TBFF (throwbackfridayfavorites)


3. Getting some great advice from my younger sister. I'm supposed to be the older, wiser one, but I'm not. I called her to talk about a "woe is me" situation, but she just gave me some blunt words of wisdom, and for that I am thankful.

One of my favorite pictures of us
4. Having my current favorite song come on the radio.

Source
Does Ingrid Michaelson have any bad songs? No. She is divine, and lately I can't get enough of her "Girls Chase Boys."  Lucky for me, it came on right when I needed something to crank up and screech sing along to.

5. Mixing up the workout routine. On nights I only have 30 minutes to run on a treadmill, I have a couple of go-to routines I usually turn to. But I recently saw a 15-minute workout in Fitness that looked fun, so I doubled it and went for it. It wasn't as intense as what I normally would have done, but it was hard! I really didn't expect it to be that hard, and it was fun to do something new!

                     Set the incline to 10.0
                     Time(min)                               Speed(mph)
                     0 to 3                                      3.0
                     3 to 4                                      4.0
                     4 to 5                                      5.0
                     5 to 6                                      6.0
                     6 to 7                                      3.0
                     Minutes 7 to 15: Repeat the sequence in           
                     minutes 3 to 7 twice more.

6. The pure happiness and feeling of peace I get while lying in bed each night snuggled up to my husband and our furry little angels:)

          
        I love knowing that no matter what life throws at us, we are in it together.

7. Snagging the last bag of frozen fruit that's on sale at Target! Smooooooothies!!!

Source

8. Seeing the snow start to melt from gradually warmer weather.

Source

Have a good weekend, and 
take a moment to appreciate the small things:)

No comments:

Post a Comment