Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Favorites

Source
Mean Girls' 10-year anniversary got me thinking about other awesome movies that have reached decade-old status, so I did a little digging, and here are 10 other favorites that have been around (or will be soon) for 10 years already! Heads up, though: two of the biggest movies of 2004 (at least according to the Oscars that year) were Million Dollar Baby and The Aviator, both of which I have not seen (I know, I know), so they are not on my list! And keep in mind my general taste in movies is about as popular as my general taste in music.

1. The Notebook (June 25). My FAVORITE movie. Ever. And I am not ashamed.
Source
2. Crash (May 6). I know not everyone loved this, but not many movies - or anything, really - have made me feel as many emotions in such a short time span.
Source
3. Napoleon Dynamite (August 27). Classic. 
Source
4. Saved! (Sept. 16). I can watch Macaulay Culkin dance in a wheelchair and Mandy Moore throw Bibles at people all day.
Source
5. Anchorman (July 9). You know you've quoted it, and if even I like this one, it's pretty hard to find someone who doesn't.
Source
6. 13 Going on 30 (April 23). My first introduction to Mark Ruffalo - and Jennifer Garner could not get any more adorable. Please bring back chick flicks like this.
Source
7. Dodgeball (June 18). Every time I watch it, I ask myself why I don't watch it more often.
Source
8. The Princess Diaries 2 (August 11). My first introduction to Chris Pine and about the time I started to warm up to Anne Hathaway. Also, I like movies made for 12-year-olds.
Source
9. Win a Date with Tad Hamilton (January 23). I somehow forgot about this movie until it was randomly on at 1 AM a few weeks ago on a Wednesday, and I fell in love all over again.
Source
 10. The Phantom of the Opera (December 22). I loved the music before, but I never paid much attention to the musical until Emmy Rossum totally and completely mesmerized me. I have no problem watching this over...and over...and over.
Source
Find one of your 10-year-old favorites, and watch it this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment