Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Favorites

Source
I'm usually the last to hear about pretty much anything, and my latest discovery is the Conversnitch. If you by chance haven't heard of it, two artists built a listening device resembling a lamp that listens to nearby conversations and uses Amazon’s Mechanical Turk crowdsourcing platform to transcribe snippets that are then posted to its Twitter account.

They haven't confirmed the places some are planted, but Wired.com shared a video by the creators that shows two people with obscured faces planting Conversnitch in a light fixture in a New York McDonald’s, disguised as a desk lamp in a bedroom and a bank lobby, in a library and inside a lamp post in Manhattan’s Washington Square Park.
Source

Anyway, as a fairly nosy person with a talent for eavesdropping, I was pretty excited to see what was recorded, so here are 17 of my favorite statements it has tweeted so far. I had a pretty fantastic time reading through them, trying to imagine the people talking and the context of the actual conversation, but we may not share the same sense of humor, so keep that in mind as you read them;)

"Do I have to break every report down Barney-style for them?"

"Whenever I start saying things are going well, something happens to mess it up. Every time."

"When I think about exercising, I feel lazy."

"I don't know, man, but I kinda want a hot dog. What about you?"

"When you were at the store today did you take the grocery list with you, because I don't see half the things that were on the list?"

"We both know where I stand on that; you can keep your hocus pocus."

"I'm, like, really good at math but when they add the letters in with the numbers I just get really confused."

"I can't believe the way rich people spend their money. I mean, like, they spend their money buying helicopters in order to beat traffic."

"I won't lie. Babies are not cute; this one pretty much looks like a baby monkey with all of that hair."

"You are misinterpreting my compliment."

"I really don't want to drive him all the way home, but I really don't want him anywhere near me either."

"She seems pretty young to have given up on her life already."

"I hate when I put food in the microwave and it starts making explosive noises so I go to check and it's cold."

"Yeah, but you should at least know what you're getting yourself into every day. Or how to dress!"

"I bet you a million dollars it's going to rain in the next hour. Then you'll feel really stupid."

"Socks. I need socks. Better planning next time."

"Did you eat any of my tater tots while I was gone? It sure looks like you did 'cause I couldn't have eaten that many."

Have a good weekend, and watch what you say in public!

No comments:

Post a Comment