Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A glimpse into the life of. . .

                      AARON MUNNS
Well, last week completely got away from me, but I am back with a new glimpse for you—someone who would probably scold me a little for that first statement since, in reality, I let the week get away and didn't put in the time or effort to make it happen. He stands firmly in the belief that if you want something to happen, you must put in the required work to make it happen.

I met Aaron when I first started working at the gym. He was a manager there, and when he learned more about why I was there and the doubt I was feeling about the situation I had put myself in, he was very straightforward in telling me to set a goal and figure out what I was going to do to get there. He even loaned me an inspirational book that had helped him through some challenging times. 

I don't get to work with him anymore, but it is so great to meet people who are able to maintain a positive outlook on life when it is so easy to let life's disappointments weigh you down. 

Source
Aaron currently works at Loring Pasta Bar, bartending during the day and working security at night. He's worked in security for eight years. I can't even imagine the crazy things people in this line of work have to deal with, so I was curious to learn more about someone who's been able to handle it for that long already, and I hope you are too!


Current job: Bartender and security at The Loring Pasta Bar.

First job ever: Taco Bell at MOA.

First job after graduating/first "grown up" job: Customer service rep at United Healthcare.


Dream job: Personal trainer.

How did you get started in security? A friend asked me to fill in one night and I enjoyed it.

What is the best part about your job? Meeting people from different countries every week.


Source
What is the most annoying behavior we concert/event-goers should stop doing immediately? Waiting for autographs from artists without a formal meet and greet.


What event has been your favorite to work so far? Imagine Dragons, twice. They're some nice guys.

What advice do you have for someone pursuing a similar career? Have patience for drunk people.

What is your secret to maintaining a life balance with two careers? I make time to see the people I love and for my personal interests.

When you are 50, what do you want to be able to say when you look back at this moment in your life? How amazing it was to be a part of a historic venue, interact with so many creative people, and see amazing artists.


Three words to describe where you're at in life right now: Enjoying priceless moments.

How do you define success? Living my life to the fullest and giving it my all no matter what it is I'm doing in a way that inspires others.

Who has been your biggest influence, personally or professionally, and why? My late friend/brother, Omari. He pushed me to accomplish my goals; he always gave tough and honest love.

What hobbies do you enjoy in your spare time? Reading, working out, taking walks, watching documentaries, salsa dancing, and spending time with my loved ones.

What is number one on your bucket list? Visit Tokyo.


Favorite ice cream flavor: Chocolate chip cookie dough.

Thank you, Aaron! 

No comments:

Post a Comment