Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Favorites

The last thing I want to do in the middle of a Minnesota winter is run outside in freezing temperatures or trek through the snow to find my car to drive 10 miles per hour through more snow to get to the gym. Sometimes I suck it up and do it anyway, but other times it is so nice to have these:


There is really no excuse to skip a workout when you own these. Of course I still do skip them from time to time, but I can only handle a stare down with those ladies for so long (sometimes minutes, sometimes days).
Here are my five favorites:

1. Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
Source


 I usually do a combination of DVDs to create a workout, but if I am short on time and can only do one I choose this one.
It's roughly 45 minutes and combines cardio and some strength training using only your body weight, so it can easily done absolutely anywhere!



Source
2. Physique 57 Classic 57 Minute Full body Workout

I would love to be able to afford barre classes at a studio, but this is what I have for now, and I love it!





3. Personal Training with Jackie: Power Circuit Training


Source
This was the first workout DVD I bought, so the first time I did it I was super sore. It's gotten much easier over time, but the heavier the weight, the harder it is. It goes through lower body, upper body, then abs, with each section lasting about 15 minutes. I like doing it before or after a run.


4. Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed & Shred
 
Source

 This has two different workouts. One is a little over 30 minutes and easier than the other, which is around 40 minutes. The workouts are mostly strength, but there's a little cardio in there too. I like to do the harder one before the easier one and then whatever else I feel like!



5. Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30
Source
An upgrade from her first 3-2-1 interval system, I find this one to be a little harder, so I like that it's more challenging, but I really don't enjoy it sometimes. There are four different workouts that get progressively harder and are about 25 minutes each. Every workout is made up of three sets consisting of three minutes of strength, two minutes of cardio and one minute of abs. I like to start with level three, then four, two, one!

I realize my collection could use some updating, but it's not like they don't still work. Now go spend some quality time with Jillian this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment