Sunday, April 13, 2014

Friday Favorites

Sometimes I post 'Friday Favorites' on Fridays. And sometimes I spend all night turning my laptop on and off until I admit defeat and go to bed. I'm winning today, though, so - 

Spring is here (well, for the most part - we can never get our hopes up too much around here)! Suddenly people exist, and they're all running outside. I've mentioned before that my iPod tunes are in desperate need of an update, but there are some pretty old goodies on there I will never part with. My taste in music is not necessarily appreciated by many people, but they just don't know what they're missing. Here are five of my favorite (slow, ancient) non-running songs to run to:

1. I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden. Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones created many, many beautiful and incredibly underrated songs (in my humble opinion), and running may be the last thing you'd think about doing to this ballad, but that build to the chorus is actually pretty motivating for building up to a sprint!
Source
2. Mouth - Merril Bainbridge. No matter how tired I am, this song always picks me up. I don't know what it is that makes this so catchy and fun, but I love it!
Source
3. Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson. Oh, Kelly. You give me chills every time - fast or slow.
Source
4. Breathing - Lifehouse. My all-time favorite band. I don't know what I would do if I ever had the chance to see them play. Ahh. Again, I don't know why, but I find the slow-type build motivates me to move faster.
Source
5. Halo - Beyonce. I guarantee if Beyonce shouting at you that she can "feel your halo" doesn't get your butt in gear, thoughts of this gorgeous lady working it on stage will.
      
Source
      Happy running!

2 comments:

  1. The one time I broke up with somebody I actually really really liked I became really obsessed with Beyonce's Halo. I still love that song. She is just so stunning.

    ReplyDelete