Saturday, January 25, 2014

Friday Favorites

We have been stuck in what feels like a never-ending ice tunnel with no light in sight. With forecasts of negative anything for a high, it's hard to be optimistic - not only about the weather, but pretty much everything else. 
 
Source

 Today I overheard someone say, "Life's too short to live somewhere where you're miserable most of the year." True, I thought, so I guess my options are to move or to adjust my attitude. I can't exactly pick up and move at the moment, so I tried to think of all the good things this season brings, and here is what I came up with!

Winter clothes and accessories. I love scarves, mittens and boots, I really love that for five months out of the year I can get away with leggings and giant shirts and sweaters, and I reeeallly love layering so much people at Target over the weekend can't tell if I'm all dressed up or just wearing what I slept in:)

A picture from high school!!
 Dogs in sweaters and booties! 

Source
Comfort foods - bad for the waistline, amazing for the soul.

Source
The holidays, of course! The best time of the year during the worst time of the year? It can't be coincidence. 

Source
The glorious feeling of a rare 30-degree day.

Source
 The fact that ice cream is delicious year-round:)

Source
The perfect excuse to do nothing but cuddle up on the couch under piles of blankets and just veg out. Suddenly everyone wants to be cool like me and stay in.

Source

There are actually a lot of fun outdoor activity options, from skiing and sledding to snowman making. Remember playing in the snow for hours as a kid? I need to find where that courage/energy came from and get out there again!

Source
The beauty of snow. If you can take a step back from looking at it as an annoyance, a hazard, etc. (I know it's a long list), snow is really kind of cool. It is so pretty, and there is almost a reverent stillness about it. Go outside alone sometime when it's snowing, preferably dark, and where it's quiet. Just standing there listening to nothing but the snowflakes falling can bring an overwhelming feeling of peace you wouldn't expect. 

Source

 Snow days and cancellations of things you didn't want to do in the first place!

Feeling grateful for the fact that you actually have a car or home to warm up in.

Source
Winter Olympics!

Source
 Caring even less about leg shaving. You know it's true!

Source
Awards season in celeb-land. Some (okay, most) of the awards may be turning into more of a joke, but if you're all about celebrity sightings, it's a great time of year.

Source
So many amazing TV shows are on right now! 
That awesome, proud moment when you almost wipe out on the ice but save yourself at the last second.

Source
 A brand, new year full of possibilities starts right in the middle of it all.

Source
 The fact that with every new day, spring is on its way!

 
Source
 Lake Calhoun will soon be this!
Source

Whether you curl up with a book or strap on some snowshoes, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I don't ever have that moment where I escape slipping and falling flat on my face/tush but I like this attitude!

    ReplyDelete